Wednesday 25 July 2012

Getting Your Whole Brain Teaching Blog Noticed!!

So I have to admit I am on a blogging frenzy and I happened to notice that Miss L over at Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching  was getting a LOAD of hits when I googled Whole Brain Teaching.  What was I not doing that she was obviously doing?  Then she happened to share a blogging tip in her latest post.  Thank you, thank you!!!  So I thought I would share a few of my own!

1) Gordon's Blog: When you are commenting on someone else's post on their blog always leave a link to your blog.  You can do this very easily by heading over to Gordon's blog and filling in the required information.  Voila - you get a nice bit of html code that you can copy and paste into your comment!  I keep mine copied onto a digital sticky note for easy access.

2) Share your new posts on Facebook and Tweet them on Twitter!  At the bottom of every post there is a little section of buttons.

Facebook, Twitter, blog posts
Click on these and be sure that your friends and followers are reading your posts!

3) Also, notice the Labels below.  Make sure to label all your posts so they are easy to find!

Labeling, getting your blog noticed

4) Create a blog button!  Use the following sites to create your own button!
grab button, blog, pinetreelia
My blog button JPEG ready to be added into the html code!
5) A shout out to Misty over at Think, Wonder, Teach for teaching me about scheduling your posts. You can build up a collection of posts and choose what day and time they are published on your blog.  That way if you are away you will still have new posts appearing for your followers!  Also, Misty cautioned to never post twice in the same day and try to post at least once a week!

promoting your blog

So even though I am writing this post today, I have it scheduled to come out next week!  Genius!!

pinetreelia


8 comments:

  1. I googled whole brain and found you. I went to a whole brain conference in Canton, Ohio a couple of weeks ago. It was overwhelming! I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I can't seem to find your email to contact you. I was curious to know if you sent out your owl themed super improvers pack yet. I left my email in the prior post but have not received anything as of yet. Thanks! :) -Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Owl themed super improvers pack. Please send me a copy. Thanks for sharing!
    carriok@smtexas.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips!!

    http://kindergartenroad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips Liann! Thanks for the shout out :) It is cool to hear my blog shows up quickly! When I Google WBT your blog shows up on their second page! I think thats pretty sweet, the tips must be working

    Miss L (WBT Blog Bug)
    Miss L’s Whole Brian Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Google some simple SEO tips, too! Things like putting "whole Brain Teaching" in your post title and linking to your own ideas with WBT in the link help, too!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girls!! It is fun learning about all of this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous tips, Pinetreelia! I have a blog but it's not as up to par as I would like so I will keep these ideas in mind and when I'm ready, I will use them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete